Drizzled with creamy maple tahini dressing, this vegan and gluten-free autumn harvest bowl uses in-season produce like apples, sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, kale and pumpkin seeds. This makes it the perfect Fall meal for when you want something fresh and delicious that can be made under 30 minutes.
Don’t you just love Fall produce? I know I do, and I try to make the most of it while it’s still in-season. This healthy vegan salad features all the best Fall ingredients. Topped with maple tahini dressing, it’s a standout salad that’s always a hit!
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE AUTUMN HARVEST BOWL
- Sweet Potato – High in fiber and antioxidants, it’s one of my favorite Fall root veggies.
- Apples – Any variety works but I recommend something nice and crisp like Fiji or Honeycrisp.
- Chickpeas – This will give you some major protein to help keep your energy levels up.
- Kale – This is one of the most nutrient-dense foods and a key ingredient to this dish. Any variety works!
- Dried Cranberries -Adds a tart, natural taste to the bowl. When cranberries are dried, they lose most of their vitamins, but they hold on to other nutrients such as potassium and calcium.
- Tahini -If you’re unfamiliar with what Tahini is, it’s a smooth paste made by grinding sesame seeds. It kinda looks like peanut butter, but it’s not as sweet. The nutty flavor is strong and earthy, and can be a little bitter.
- Maple Syrup – Maple has a distinctly sweet flavor which helps balance the earthy flavor of the tahini.
ADJUST THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DIET
- Nut option: Replace the pumpkin seeds with walnuts.
- Gluten: You can sub the quinoa for something like freekeh (it has notably more fiber than brown rice and even quinoa!)
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS VEGAN AUTUMN HARVEST BOWL
- You could use any fruits and vegetables that you have one hand – be creative!
- Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.