This delicious Instant Pot Bolognese sauce is made with red wine and served over penne, spaghetti or your favorite pasta. It takes less than an hour to make this sauce in a pressure cooker, so it’s great for meal prepping.
This Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce is one of my most favorite recipes that I love to serve with penne or other type of pasta. Thanks to the pressure cooker, the cooking time is cut in half and tastes absolutely delicious. Also, this is a super great recipe for meal prepping. You can easily double the recipe and freeze. So, when you don’t feel like cooking, you can easily defrost it, cook up some pasta, and voila! You have your dinner or lunch for the week.
Main Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Bolognese
- Ground Beef – Swap with ground turkey for an even leaner dish, or ground tofu.
- Pancetta – seasoned Italian salt-cured meat made from pork belly. It really brings a lot of flavor to this sauce, so I highly recommend, but totally optional!
- Celery/Carrot – I recommend including the carrots & celery, but feel free to swap with peppers or other veggies. Or, remove the veggies altogether.
- (Dry) Red Wine – You can use white wine instead, which will alter the flavor. You can also skip the alcohol and just use water.
- Pasta – Choose whatever pasta you’d like to serve. I used penne, but you could try tagliatelle noodles.
- Jar-Crushed Tomatoes
- Spices – Oregano, salt, black pepper, fresh parsley