This gluten-free and dairy-free Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl is a very simple stir-fry recipe that includes your typical Asian ingredients including sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger. Skip out on ordering takeout – this recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and is the healthier (and quicker) option!
Quick and easy dinners are my favorite to share with you, and this recipe is one of them. It’s an entrée that I love to order out, but I love being able to cook it at home too. It saves me money, and more often than not, my time, taking less than 30 minutes to make!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE TERIYAKI CHICKEN RICE BOWL
- Chicken Breast: I used chicken breast in this recipe, but chicken thighs can work too!
- Ginger: Freshly ground ginger works really well with meats and vegetables and is a common pantry item, so you probably already have it on hand!
- Soy Sauce: Consider using low sodium soy sauce for a reduced salt content.
- Honey: Adds a sweet flavor to the sauce, and also helps to thicken the sauce.
- Rice & veggies for serving: Use white, brown, or quinoa rice and steamed broccoli as a compliment to the teriyaki chicken.
ADJUST THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DIET
- Soy Sauce: You can use tamari or coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
- Lemon Juice: You can use white vinegar or rice vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- Honey: You can use maple syrup or sugar instead of honey.
TIPS FOR MAKING TERIYAKI CHICKEN RICE BOWL
- The sesame oil is optional in this recipe and tastes delicious either way!
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken as this will dry it out.