Mediterranean grilled chicken salad loaded with fresh veggies and finished off with a simple lemon Dijon dressing! Meal prep this healthy salad ahead of a busy week, or throw together for a quick, wholesome dinner. This easy and delicious meal comes together in just 20 minutes.
What You’ll Need to Make Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
Chicken Breasts – Take either two large chicken breasts and slice then into four thin cutlets, or buy four pre-sliced chicken cutlets from the store. A thinner piece of chicken cooks up faster, and locks in more flavor than whole chicken breasts.
Dried Oregano – This dried herb is commonly found in mediterranean recipes, which is exactly why we use it on both the chicken and in the dressing. If you don’t have any dried oregano in your pantry, I highly recommend you get some. It adds tons of delicious flavor to this salad recipe!
Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice tastes incredible in this lemon Dijon dressing. However, if you don’t have lemon juice, you can replace it with an equal amount of red wine vinegar.
Feta Cheese – Feta is perfectly salty and creamy in this grilled chicken salad. Add as much to your salad as your heart (or tastebuds) desire. Or, if you don’t like feta, you can use crumbled goat cheese instead.
Fresh Mint – Just a little bit of fresh mint takes this easy salad recipe over the top! Mint is another ingredient commonly found in Mediterranean recipes, and brings out the fresh flavors in this dish. Never tried mint in a salad before? Just trust me, it’s so so so good! But if you simply don’t like mint, try fresh chopped parsley instead.
How to Grill Chicken
- Start by seasoning your chicken very well with salt, black pepper, dried oregano, and garlic powder.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, or around 400° Fahrenheit.
- Once preheated, place the chicken on the grill and leave to cook, without touching it, for about 4-6 minutes.
- Then, flip each chicken breast, and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes on the other side.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let rest on a cutting board while you prepare the rest of your grilled chicken salad.