With only 3 ingredients needed, this easy and fruity homemade raspberry jam recipe has an intense sweet-tart flavor that is absolutely delicious and low in sugar!
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE Raspberry Jam
- Raspberries – Fresh raspberries are the best to use for this recipe but if you can’t get your hands on any, frozen works too.
- Sugar – Unlike commercial jams, I like to use less sugar, so we’ll be using 1/2 to 1 cup of sugar. However, if you want more sweetness, add more!
- Lemon Juice – Raspberries are naturally sweet, so the lemon really helps bring out and enhance their sweetness. It also helps prevent crystallization.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS Raspberry Jam RECIPE
- Raspberries are one of the fruits that have an extremely short shelf life when fresh. If you are not making jam the day after the raspberries are picked, it is advisable to freeze them.
- Soft raspberries are fine, but discolored and bruised ones will ruin the jam. Take the time to sift through them.
- If you decide to go the route of canning, make sure to sterilize them.