My gluten-free cinnamon rolls recipe creates deliciously sweet and fluffy buns with pull-apart edges and a soft cinnamon sugar center. With a perfectly tender texture, these cinnamon rolls can also be made dairy-free!
Maybe I just have a sweet tooth, but I don’t know if there’s anything better than freshly baked cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven! These gluten-free cinnamon rolls are tender, soft, sweet, fluffy and taste absolutely incredible.
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten-Free Flour – I used my favorite gluten-free baking flour, Bob’s Red Mill 1:1. (Whatever flour you decide to use, it must include xanthan gum. If it doesn’t, add 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum in with the flour before mixing).
- Yeast – You’ll need to get your hands on some active dry yeast which will give a beautiful rise to these cinnamon rolls.
- Milk & butter – I used non-dairy but if you don’t want dairy-free rolls, just use regular milk and butter!
- Sugar & Powdered Sugar – I used regular white sugar, but see “Tips” section for alternatives.
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
TIPS & Adjustments When MAKING THIS Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls RECIPE
- If you want to make these cinnamon rolls lower in sugar, you can sub the white sugar & powdered sugar with Lankanto.
- Want to make these cinnamon rolls vegan? You can try using silken tofu, flax eggs or powdered egg replacers instead of regular eggs!
- The secret to super tender cinnamon rolls is room temperature butter beaten into the dough. This technique works best if the butter is very soft.