This gluten-free and dairy-free pumpkin bread recipe is full of warm pumpkin spices topped with a sweet & delicious maple glaze. Pair it with a hot cup of cider or coffee for breakfast or a snack. A perfect Fall treat!
This easy and healthy pumpkin bread recipe could be one of my favorite pumpkin recipes of all time (besides my pumpkin cookies and healthy pumpkin muffins.) With a moist center, warm spices and a sweet maple glaze finish, it’s a perfect recipe for October.
What Makes Pumpkin Bread Healthy?
- It’s full of nutrients. Pumpkin bread contains a high amount of fiber, vitamin A and C, potassium, copper, manganese, iron, B vitamins, and vitamin E. It is also high in antioxidants.
- It’s dairy-free. I used coconut oil and vegan butter to keep the bread dairy free! Though feel free to use regular butter if you prefer.
- Can reduce blood glucose levels. Pumpkin has been shown to improve glucose tolerance and increase the amount of insulin the body produces.
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread With Maple Glaze
- Gluten-Free Flour: I use and recommend Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour. Whatever gluten-free flour you use, make sure it contains xanthan gum. If you’re not gluten-free, use all purpose flour instead.
- Baking Powder / Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Puree: Be sure to use unsweetened pumpkin puree, NOT canned pumpkin pie filling in this recipe.
- Coconut Sugar: Feel free to use white sugar, cane sugar, or brown sugar in place of the coconut sugar in this recipe.
- Eggs: Bring your eggs to room temperature before using in this recipe.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use any non-dairy milk you’d like in this recipe! I use homemade almond milk and have always had great results. If you’re not dairy-free you can easily use cow’s milk instead.
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
Other Ways to Eat Pumpkin Bread
- For those who have a sweet tooth, pair this pumpkin bread with Nutella.
- For those who crave something savory, you can combine the pumpkin bread with cream cheese, or cinnamon cream cheese.
- You can also try using apple or honey cinnamon butter.