These vegan pumpkin muffins are just bursting with Fall flavors and spices! My GF pumpkin muffins recipe boasts a moist center and a tender golden top. Perfect for impressing your guests over the holidays this year.
These vegan pumpkin muffins are so moist and full of pumpkin spice flavor! Unlike traditional pumpkin muffins made with lots of sugar and oil, these are made with simple, healthy ingredients and are super fast to make.
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Oat Flour – Adds whole-grain flavor, fiber, and protein, while making the crumb tender and fluffy. I always use oat flour from Bob’s Red Mill!
- Baking Soda & Powder – Add lift and helps the tops of the muffins brown.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg – Adds a yummy Fall spice taste to these muffins. If you want, you can replace the cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice.
- Pumpkin Purée – The pumpkin purée can be replaced with sweet potato or butternut squash purée.
- Coconut Sugar – I always try to use coconut sugar instead of refined because it is just soo much healthier for you! It has a lower glycemic index (35) than white sugar (60 to 65), meaning it doesn’t spike your blood glucose.
- Almond or Peanut Butter
- Flax Eggs – Eggs help these gluten-free pumpkin muffins bake up extra fluffy. Since I made these vegan, I used flax eggs.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vanilla Extract
- Fine sea or kosher salt – Makes the flavors pop.
ADJUST THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DIET
- Gluten: You can use plain flour or whole wheat flour instead of the gluten-free oat flour I use in this recipe.
- Sugar: You can swap any granulated sugar for the coconut sugar (date sugar, maple sugar, or granulated white or brown sugar).
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS Pumpkin Muffins RECIPE
- You can add chocolate chips, raisins or dried cranberries to the batter.
- If you want to make these extra fancy, add pumpkin seeds, whipped coconut frosting, maple syrup or honey on top.