These delicious vegan pumpkin cookies are the perfect Fall treat! Filled with warm pumpkin spices and topped with tasty maple frosting, these soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies are a great snack to share with friends or family.
With all the pumpkin recipes I’ve been posting this month (scroll to the bottom of the post for a full list), I realized I haven’t attempted to bake any cookies, which is a favorite snack of mine! If you love fluffy cookies, you’ll love these! These pumpkin cookies are firm, but almost cake-like in texture. And while these pumpkin cookies are delicious all on their own, the frosting topping really makes them special. The hint of maple plays wonderfully with the pumpkin and adds just a bit of extra sweetness.
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THESE Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- All Purpose Flour – I’ve used Bob’s Red Mill All-purpose gluten-free flour with great success!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- Butter – I used vegan butter. There are plenty available in grocery stores. Earth Balance is a popular one.
- Brown Sugar – If you’d like, you can use 1 cup of coconut sugar in place of the brown and granulated sugar.
- Pumpkin Puree – Sweet potato would be a great a substitute if you don’t have pumpkin.
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
TIPS ON MAKING Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Don’t have any pumpkin pie spice? That’s okay! You can make your very own at home if you have the ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger & 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg