Deliciously crispy on the outside and tender and caramelized on the inside, this Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts recipe is perfect for a healthy side dish. It requires only a few ingredients and takes only 30 minutes to cook!
Ingredients to Make The Best Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts – You’ll need 1.5 pounds of it, trimmed and halved.
- Garlic – You’ll need one whole head of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper – for taste.
How do I select the best Brussels sprouts?
You’ll want to look for bright green heads that are firm and heavy for their size. The leaves on the Brussels Sprouts should be tightly packed with no holes in them. It’s best to avoid Brussels sprouts with yellowing leaves (although if you only see a few, it should be fine), that looks old, or has black spots. Also, fun fact: smaller Brussels sprouts are usually sweeter and more tender than larger ones.
How do I store Fresh Brussels Sprouts?
To properly store unwashed & fresh Brussels Sprouts, remove any loose outer leaves and place in a zip-top bag and store in a drawer of the refrigerator. They will last a couple of weeks but try to use them as soon as possible. They lose their sweetness quickly and their flavor starts to waver after a few days.
Tips and Tricks When Making Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Make sure to cut the garlic into chunky pieces. If you mince the garlic too finely, they will burn instead of becoming sweet and tender.
- Sprinkle the Brussels Sprouts with parmesan for extra flavor. To do this, simply sprinkle the cheese on about 10 minutes into baking.