This spicy ramen soup recipe is quick to make and soo much better than store bought ramen! The greatest part about ramen soup is that it’s easy to customize the way you want. You can choose between basic or gluten-free noodles and you can top it off with soft boiled eggs, green onions, chicken, tofu or seaweed – whatever you prefer!
Ramen noodles are a pantry staple for households everywhere. The packets are super easy to whip up and I can’t tell you how many times ramen has been my go-to during my school years! But, did you know you can just as easily make homemade ramen noodles in just 10 minutes?
There are so many ways to customize ramen soup, but I like to make mine spicy with all sorts of wonderful ingredients that I always have on hand. So this recipe is for the spice lovers out there!
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE Spicy Ramen
- Ramen Noodles – Of course the main ingredient to Ramen soup is the noodles! I used gluten-free, but feel free to use the basic noodles if you prefer.
- Broth – Use either chicken or vegetable broth as your base. Beef broth works, too, but will have drastically different flavor.
- Sesame Oil – A little drizzle of sesame oil adds a nice flavor and sheen to the soup’s surface.
- Fresh Ginger – You’ll need a 2-inch piece of freshly grated ginger. Dried ginger powder is fine to use as well, but fresh will give it a better taste and a nicer kick.
- Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or feel free to use more to your personal taste. If you are allergic to soy, watching your sodium, or eating gluten-free, you can sub the soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos.
- Vinegar. 1 tsp rice wine vinegar.
- Chili Paste – Chili paste offers a deeper spiced flavor than most powders and hot sauces, but if you can’t get your hands on any, sriracha works too.
- Toppings – Top it off with soft boiled eggs, green onions, chicken, tofu or seaweed.
ADJUST THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DIET
- Gluten-Free: Use the gluten-free version of ramen noodles like I did for this recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS Spicy Ramen Soup RECIPE
- This particular recipe will give you a nice and spicy ramen noodle recipe. However, you can very easily dial back on the spicier ingredients for a not-so-spicy experience. If you’re looking for even spicier ramen, add in some hot peppers or chili flakes.
Pingback: Italian Green Beans Recipe (Ready in 5 Mins!) – Sam Does Her Best
Pingback: Miso-Glazed Salmon with Coconut Rice – Sam Does Her Best
Pingback: Vegan Mushroom and Pea Risotto – Sam Does Her Best
AMAZING!!! I’ve never had or made ranen, so this was easy and delicious.. hubby loved it too!
So glad you guys loved it!! 🙂