This vegan cashew queso dip recipe is super quick and easy to make, requiring just 9 ingredients, 5-10 minutes, and 1 blender. It’s comprised of raw cashews, nutritional yeast, spices, and jalapenos blended to creamy perfection. This queso (along with your choice of crunchy tortilla chips) is a perfect appetizer dish for Mexican night with your friends or fam!
If you need a delicious dip for a Mexican dinner night, a party, or even just for yourself, look no further than this vegan cashew queso! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand and is 100% healthy.
Although it differs from your traditional Mexican queso (excludes the cheese and meat), I promise you won’t even miss the cheese – the cashews and nutritional yeast take the place of it quite nicely! Super quick and easy to make, this queso is perfect for serving with nachos, burrito bowls, tacos, and more!
MAIN INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE VEGAN CASHEW QUESO
- Cashews – This dip gets its creaminess from raw cashews. Not only do cashews have a lower fat content than most other nuts, they’re also loaded with iron and magnesium.
- Nutritional Yeast – This is a deactivated yeast that contains B-complex vitamins and provides a “cheesy” flavor to vegan dishes.
- Lemon Juice – Juice the lemons yourself for the best flavor, or use bottled if that’s what you have at home.
- Jalapenos – Bring on the spice!
ADJUST THIS VEGAN CASHEW QUESO RECIPE TO YOUR DIET
- Dairy: Sub the almond milk for regular milk.
TIPS FOR MAKING VEGAN QUESO
- To make this easy vegan cashew queso, all you really need is a blender. I recommend soaking your cashews ahead of time if you have a standard blender. However, if you have a high-speed one, you can even skip that for a faster dip.